SOLCERA glass-to-metal seals are designed, manufactured and tested at our facility in Moissy-Cramayel (formerly known as VERMETAL) located 30 minutes from Paris.
Our technical experts work in partnership with our customers very early in the product development process in order to provide the most suitable solution in terms of design and materials for glass-to-metal sealing technologies.
The main markets served for seals are aircraft, aerospace, defense, nuclear and physical research. The glass-to-metal assemblies meet the very demanding needs of electrical insulation, hermeticity, high-vacuum HV and ultra-high vacuum UHV reliability or high-pressure capability.
Solcera offers material combinations including
- Glasses: borosilicate, electronic, quartz
- Metals: FeNiCo, stainless steel, copper, molybdenum, tungsten
- Sealing technologies: glassblowing, high-frequency, oven furnace glass sealing technology
This list is non exhaustive and please feel free to contact us for further information
Ceramic-to-metal or glass-to-metal assembly ?
|Metallic materials compatibility||Wide||Narrow|
|Helium leak-proof||10-¹² mbar.l/s/cm²||10-¹² mbar.l/s/cm²|
|Insulation and electrical performances||Excellent||Good|
|Assembly mechanical strength||Excellent||Good|
|Résistance mécanique de l'assemblage||Bonne||Excellente|
Solcera has a strong know-how in both assembly technologies. Our experts will guide you in choosing the solution that better meets your needs.
Examples of products
- Traversées étanches
- Connecteurs multi-contacts et coaxiaux
- Hermetic feedthroughs
- Multipin and coaxial connectors
- Windows Viewports
- X-ray tubes
- Flash lamps for high power laser amplifiers
- ZI N°1 - Rue de l'industrie
- +33 (0)2 32 29 42 00
- 83 Rue Marcelin Berthelot
- +33 (0)1 64 13 61 10